ГДЗ по английскому языку 11 класс экзаменационные тексты Тексты для прослушивания - Script 8: Текст № 8
Издательство: Аверсэв 2016 год.
Подробный решебник (ГДЗ) по Английскому языку за 11 (одиннадцатый) класс экзаменационные тексты - готовый ответ Тексты для прослушивания - Script 8: Текст № 8. Авторы учебника: . Издательство: Аверсэв 2016.
Script 8: Текст № 8 для прослушивания и материал для собеседования к экзамену по английскому языку
Вопросы к тексту 8
Listen to the programme and answer the questions below.
1. When was Ellis Island busiest?
2. What happened in the Registry Room?
3. Why can it be interesting to visit the Oral History Library?
Текст № 8 для прослушивания
Hello everyone. First of all, a big welcome to New York from all of us here at the hotel. My name is Bob and I've organised some great guided tours for you. We start tomorrow with a trip to the Museum of Immigration on Ellis Island.
As you know, millions of people came to the USA from Europe in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, especially during the period between 1897 and 1924 and Ellis Island was the place where they first landed.
Your tour of the museum begins at the Baggage Room — that's where people picked up their bags. You then go into what's called the Registry Room. This is where they had medical check-ups and interviews and then, if all went well, they were allowed to enter the USA.
Or you might want to visit the Oral History Library. The Ellis Island Oral History Project has collected recordings of stories of people's experiences at Ellis Island, and you can listen to some of these on a computer system with i 20 individual listening stations.
So, all in all, it looks like we are going to have a great tour...
Ответы на вопросы к тексту для прослушивания № 8
1. Ellis Island was busiest during the period in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century.
2. In Registry Room people had medical check-ups and interviews and if all went well, they were allowed to enter the USA.
3. The Oral History Library can be interesting to visit, because there you can find recordings of stories of people’s experiences at Ellis Island.
Другие номера из решебника