Script 11: Текст № 11 для прослушивания и материал для собеседования к экзамену по английскому языку
Вопросы к тексту 11
Listen to the person talking about his schooldays and answer the questions below.
1. What is unusual about the speaker?
2. Why does the speaker enjoy studying more now?
3. What do other people think about the speaker's parents?
Текст № 11 для прослушивания
Simon: When my parents took me out of school and told me they were going to teach me at home I thought they were mad. I mean, all my friends were there. But that's a year ago, now, and it feels like such a long time. I love home schooling now. Other kids have to get up early and go to school. But me, I don't have to travel to school. I can stay in bed. All I have to do is go downstairs! And there's no stupid uniform to wear, cither. And better food for lunch! I think I enjoy studying more because my mum knows what I like and how I learn best. My grades are better, anyway, so something must be working! I see more of my parents than I would if I was at school, so I think I'm closer to them than other kids who go to school all day. When other kids ask me "What school do you go to?" and I say "I don't go to school" they think I am sad. Some think my parents must be crazy, or really controlling. But they're not. Thousands of children are taught at home in this country. No one realises that. Anyway, I think I'm really lucky, and I know my parents want the best for me.
Ответы на вопросы к тексту для прослушивания № 11
1. The speaker doesn’t go to school. He is taught at home and he is happy.
2. He loves home schooling.He doesn’t have to get up early and go to school, to wear stupid uniform, his grades are better, he sees more of his parents and he is closer to them.
3. Other people think about his parents that they are mad, crazy, or really controlling.