ГДЗ по английскому языку 11 класс экзаменационные тексты Тексты для чтения - текст 70 - SURPRISE PARTY
Издательство: Аверсэв 2016 год.
Подробный решебник (ГДЗ) по Английскому языку за 11 (одиннадцатый) класс экзаменационные тексты - готовый ответ Тексты для чтения - текст 70 - SURPRISE PARTY. Авторы учебника: . Издательство: Аверсэв 2016.
Текст к выпускному экзамену по английскому языку № 70 SURPRISE PARTY
Liz was just finishing the final details for the surprise party she was planning for her husband. She had been thoroughly preparing for this event, designing every aspect of the party from the invitations to the food, and she was very excited about it. Family members whom Andrew hadn't seen in years were flying in from Poland in a few days. Liz had tracked down several college friends, and they were coming from various places across the country. A band and dancers were invited.
The best part for Liz was that she knew Andrew did not have any idea about the party. She could not wait to see the look on his face when he walked into a big "Surprise!" in his own home.
The party was supposed to be on Saturday. As Liz was daydreaming about picking relatives up at the airport the next day and taking them to their hotel, Andrew walked into the kitchen and said, quite certainly, "Sweetheart, I don't want anything special done for my birthday." "What do you mean?" Liz responded calmly, though her heart began to beat. "I mean that I don't want a surprise party." "Okay," Liz said. "Not a problem." Liz's mind raced. There was nothing she could do about Andrew's request now. And, frankly, she didn't want to. Liz had been planning this for more than a year. The party would go off as she intended. She did not want all of her effort to fail. When Andrew came home Saturday evening from playing soccer with friends, he was shocked. Tears filled his eyes. This response was something Liz had not predicted. Among the crowd he saw friends whom he had not seen in nearly 20 years and family members who had come from Poland just for this evening. But along with being deeply moved, he was also angry with his wife. He knew he could be emotional, and he did not like people to see him that way. That was why he did not like being surprised.
Salsa music filled the home of Liz and Andrew. Liz whispered "I love you" in Andrew's ear, they shared a kiss, and the two danced the whole night.
2. The author describes the preparations Liz made for the birthday party. Find this extract and read it aloud.
3. What did Andrew ask Liz for?
4. How did Andrew feel at the party?
Ответы на вопросы к тексту № 70 SURPRISE PARTY к экзамену по английскому языку
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about. This text is about the portrait of a man who can be the most famous author of English literature – William Shakespeare. After the series of investigation the owner of the portrait is 90 % sure it is of William Shakespeare.
2. The author gives some facts about Shakespeare's life. Find this extract and read it aloud. (2 абзац) Shakespeare was born in the town of Stratford-upon-Avon in England in 1564. He left the town when he was about 20, leaving behind a wife and three children. After this period he worked as an actor and writer of plays in London. In 1594 he helped form a new theatre company and wrote plays for the next 20 years. After this he retired to Stratford-upon-Avon where he died in 1616. He is buried in a local church.
3. What facts prove that the painting can be a portrait of William Shakespeare? The Shakespeare expert and the owner of the newly-discovered painting dated and X-rayed his painting. They now believe it was painted in 1610, when Shakespeare was 46 years old — six years before he died. Mr Cobbe thinks he could prove the portrait was originally owned by the Earl of Southampton, who supported Shakespeare when he was writing his plays.
4. Why do some people doubt that this is a portrait of Shakespeare? Because there is no proof the Janssen portrait is actually a picture of Shakespeare.
Другие номера из решебника