№88 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 88
2c. Match the topics with Vivienne Westwood's words.
1. "I am attracted to people who know what suits them - they are individual and stylish."
2. "I don't feel comfortable defending my clothes. I'm not trying to do something different, I'm trying to do the same thing but in a different way."
3. "I've always had my own little shop and I don't need other people to tell me what the public wants."
4. "I think dress, hairstyle and make-up are the most important factors in making an attractive person."
5. "I was the first person to have-a punk rock hairstyle."
6. "Fashion magazines? I hate them! I hate them and I hate television, radio, the Internet and cinema! Do you know why? They're our biggest enemy because they feed people information, they don't let people think."
Reported speech: statements
• Compare the direct statements with the reported and answer the questions (in L1)1.
What is direct speech and what is reported speech? What verbs introduce direct speech and reported speech? What is the difference between the sentences with direct speech and reported speech?
A. Vivienne says to the reporter: "I am attracted to people who know what suits them."
B. "I don't feel comfortable defending my clothes," she says.
A. Vivienne tells the reporter she is attracted to people who know what suits them.
B. She says (that) she doesn't feel comfortable defending her clothes.