№73 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 73
doctor in America could hold out any hope of recovery - I became a healthy young man.
Seventy years later
Ever since my recovery I have had a painless, tireless, ageless body. I have been an outstanding athlete in many sports. And today, as a great-grandfather, I am still an athlete - at the age when most men of my calendar years are old people with one foot in the grave or are already in the grave.
I still jog, swim miles at a time, climb some of the world's highest mountains, play tennis. I write several books a year, and have a lecture schedule that takes me around the world.
I still have all my own teeth, and a scalp full of healthy hair. My blood pressure is 124/73, and I have a strong, steady pulse of 64. My vision is as keen as an eagle's, and my hearing as sharp as an alert animal's. It became possible only because of proper food and daily exercise...
Read the article again and say if the sentences are true or false.
1. Hippocrates said: "Strength, growth, good nutrition result from the right food."
2. Being overfed is less dangerous than being underfed.
3. Many rich people as well as poor people are not properly fed.
4. Paul Bragg was a very strong child and teenager.
5. As an elderly man Paul Bragg had a painless, tireless, ageless body.
6. He could jog, swim, climb some of the world's highest mountains, and play tennis when he was well over seventy.
7. His eyes were not so good as his hearing.
8. Paul Bragg died at 95.
Work in pairs. Discuss what impressed you most of all in the texts.
Look through the texts and write 5 steps to a healthy lifestyle.
Discuss with your partner what further steps you would like to add.
Think what you would like to change in your life to make yourself healthier. Work out your action plan and write it down.