№66 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 66
1 Sleep tight
Read the famous saying and discuss it.
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. (Benjamin Franklin)
Answer the questions. Compare your answers with your partner's.
• How long do you usually sleep?
• When do you fall asleep on weekdays?
• How long should a person sleep to feel well?
• Is it harmful for your brain to sleep less than 7-8 hours?
• Can a lack of sleep cause illnesses?
• Is good sleep a luxury or a necessity?
• What happens to a person who doesn't sleep enough?
Read the first paragraph of text 3b and analyse the words in bold. Read the dictionary entry and decide which one suits you in each case.
Get 1) to come into possession of; receive or earn 2) to bring 3) to manage: How did you get to be captain? 4) to make ready or prepare: to get a meal 5) to hear, notice, or understand: I didn't get your meaning 6) to catch or enter: to get a train
Get across (separable) to communicate clearly or convincingly: No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the message across to her that I cared.