№160 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 160
3b Work in pairs. Do you remember any heatwave in Belarus?
1. Change the questions in ex. 3a to the Past Simple.
2. Answer them.
3c Write 8-10 sentences about a heatwave in Belarus.
Lesson 5 How devastating are natural disasters?
1a With your class brainstorm the devastating effects which can be caused by natural disasters other than a heatwave.
1b Read the list of natural disasters impacts and compare them with your ideas.
• kill / drown / injure people and animals,
• sink boats and ships,
• cause flooding / landslides / mudslides,
• destroy bridges / houses / businesses,
• damage crops / buildings / railways / plants / beaches,
• break pipelines (Tpy6onpoBo,n;bi),
• down electricity lines / forests,
• disrupt transport work / roads / highways,
• cause crime, begin looting homes / businesses / banks / shops,
• lose jobs / homes / businesses,
• be left without electricity,
• cause lack of food,
• cause shortages of water,
• uproot trees, strip trees,
• blow away houses / cars / kiosks / roofs,
• pick up / lift up people and cars and drop them,
• wash out roads,
• roll cars and people downstream,
• repair or strengthen houses / defense walls / roads,
• put out the fire,