№153 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 153
What is the meaning of all the sentences with the words in bold (see ex. 1)?
Which of the sentences show that
- a person is 100% sure something will happen?
- a person believes something will happen (but is not sure)?
- a person is 100% sure something is impossible?
What are the words in bold? What are the words in bold italics?
How are the sentences formed? What time do they refer to?
• There are different types of infinitives in English. Guess how they are formed and complete the table.
Perfect Continuous Infinitive
• Read the rule (pp. 274-275) and check your answers.
2. Complete the sentences about different extreme weather phenomena, making the right choice of the modal verbs.
1. When there is a thunderstorm, it must / might have been very hot and humid.
2. If you see lightning and hear thunder at just about the same moment, the storm can't / must be far from you.
3. Sometimes when you don't see any flashes of lightning, but the sky lights up from time to time, the storm may / must be very far away.
4. Floods must / may occur after heavy rain, a cyclone, snow melting, or can / may be caused by a tsunami.
5. Floods can / can't be caused by a tornado.
6. In Belarus flash floods and tornadoes can / can't occur during any month of the year.