№152 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 152
Lesson 3 How to survive disasters?
1 Read the following talk about the weather. What is the weather like? Do you think it was dangerous?
(Two children are talking outside their house.)
- It looks like rain. Look at those black low clouds.
- Yes, it might (may) rain soon.
- It will probably rain in a few minutes. We'd better get inside!
- Right! Look at the trees! They're bending almost to the ground. And the clouds! Oh, there's a drop of rain on my face! A thunderstorm must be comingl
- That'll be great after a week of very hot weather.
- You must be joking! You can't enjoy a thunderstorm! It's scary!
- Yes, I can. It feels so cool and nice after this boiling weather!
- It's here! Let's get inside!
(Parents are talking near the front door of their house.)
- Where are Tom and Nell? I can't see them.
- They must have gone inside.
- Yes, look at the puddles. It must have been raining heavily.
- Right you are. They can't have gone anywhere else.
Modal verbs may / might / must / can't / could + different infinitives for certainty and possibility
• Answer the following questions (in L1).