№135 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 135
e. a polar bear f. an arctic fox g. a seal
Write down the name of the animal which
1) was given a protected status;
2) was classified as a Threatened Species under the Endangered Species Act.
While listening to Parts I and II write down in your exercise book the numbers to answer the following questions.
1. When did Dan start working as a TV meteorologist?
2. How many years did he spend in Spitsbergen as a research meteorologist?
3. How long have meteorologists been recording and observing the weather in Spitsbergen?
4. How high and long are Bird Cliffs?
5. How many guillemots do Bird Cliffs house?
6. How many polar bears are there in the world?
7. How many polar bears live in Svalbard?
8. When was the polar bear classified as a Threatened Species under the Endangered Species Act?
9. How much can a polar bear weigh?
10. How much can a walrus weigh?
11. When did the walrus almost become extinct?
12. When was the walrus given a protected status?
13. How many walruses live in Svalbard today?
Check the answers with your classmates.
Would you like to make a journey to the Arctic Islands? Why or why not? Discuss in pairs.
• Would you like to experience the climate of the Arctic Islands? Why or why not?