№82 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 82
Every year around 2 million sea birds die after eating or being tangled up in thrown away plastic.
Recycling one aluminium can save enough energy to power a TV for three hours.
Animals are killed each year on farms and in the wild by electrocution, drowning, trapping or beating to provide fur for humans.
It costs around £150 million to clean gum off the UK streets. Chewing gum is illegal in Singapore.
A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.
c) Can you think of any more questions that will make you think
about environmental issues?
There are four solutions to the environmental problems.
FOUR Rs: REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, RESPECT
I Recycle-Respect I
What can we do to stop or at least reduce the amount of damage we bring to the environment? Find appropriate endings for the four beginnings.
reduce, reuse, recycle, respect
• ... all spent natural resources to re- to consume- duce more fresh consumption consumption
• ... consumption of natural resources
«... emission of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere
• ... the beauty of nature
• ... all recycled materials to reduce the demand
• ... all used materials with the available technologies
• ... human activities causing global warming and climate change