№81 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 81
Endings: engine. / "Sorry, sir." / did as he was told. / gum wrapper. / trouble.
fc ® Listen to the joke and check yourselves. What is the idea
of the joke?
Work in pairs. Answer the questions below. Report to the
• When you get up in the morning, do you have a bath or a shower? Do you drink coffee or tea for breakfast? Do you watch TV, listen to the radio, turn on your computer, dry your hair or iron your clothes before going to school?
• How do you get to school? Do you like to chew some chewing gum on the way to school? What do you do with it when it loses its flavour?
• When you come to school, do you have to turn on the light in the classroom? Are there a lot of trees around your school?
• How many notebooks are you using this year? How many books?
• How quickly are you growing up? Can you still wear your last year's clothes? What about your classmates? What do you do with the clothes when you grow out of them? Do you wear a fur coat in winter?
• When you buy things, where do you put your shopping? How many plastic bags does your family use a day?
Read the environmental fact file. How are these facts connected with the questions in ex. 2a?
57% of a raw coffee bean is not needed. The waste pulp gets thrown in rivers causing pollution. Growing coffee causes deforestation and soil erosion too. Clearing trees to grow coffee reduces the number of birds in an area by 97%.
In central London 40 thousand cars every hour use the roads, causing pollution.
The pile of rubbish at New York's Fresh Kills landfill was so big that it could be seen from outer space.