№79 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 79
• Which countries of the world are the greatest ... producers? Which countries ... a lot of oil?
• Are fossil fuels a ... energy source?
• What happens to the biodiversity in the zone?
• Which waste can be ... , and which can be ...?
• Do you know what happens to the nuclear waste ...?
• Are humans fully aware of the ... of their careless behaviour?
• Is it ... for people to start thinking about environmental issues?
In pairs, answer the questions above.
Match the four sentences from the news with the following
past condition - past result
past condition - present result
present condition - past result
present condition - present (or future) result
If we had developed alternative, renewable energy sources, we'd have fewer problems now.
If the spill had been stopped earlier, the damage wouldn't have been so great.
If more waste was reduced, greenhouse emissions from landfills could be reduced too.
If people were more careful in general, the accident would never have happened.
Answer the grammar questions.
1. Which of the sentences from the text are pure Conditionals (Conditional II and Conditional III)? Which of them are mixed Conditionals? Translate the sentences into your language. 2. What is the difference in the grammar between the original and the translation?
@ Listen to the news again. Take notes of possible solutions
to the environmental problems.