№67 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 67
3 a) Read the underlined conditional sentences (ex. 2a). Which of them tells us about 1) real future; 2) unreal present; 3) unreal past?
Match the underlined sentences with the patterns below:
Conditional I: If + Present Simple, will + Simple Infinitive
Conditional II: If + Past Simple, would + Simple Infinitive Conditional III: If + Past Perfect, would + Perfect Infinitive
Answer the questions.
1. What word do you always use in the main clause of the Unreal Conditional sentences? 2. What word do you always use in the conditional clause of the Unreal Conditional sentences? 3. Does the meaning of the sentence change if you change the order of the clauses? 4. Do you always put a comma between the clauses? 5. Which of the grammar structures tells us about lost opportunities?
Complete the sentences with the correct forms of the verbs to express lost opportunities.
1. If industries (not / increase) releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, the greenhouse effect (start) to build up.
2. If humans (release) fewer CFCs into the atmosphere, the ozone layer (become) depleted.
3. If humans (not / cut down) so many trees for fuel, they (release) so much pollution into the air.
4. If humans (not / cut down) so many trees, the forests (absorb) more carbon dioxide by now.
5. If rain and snow (not / start) mixing with acids, the problem of the acid rain (not / appear).
(>. The humans (make) such a great impact on the environment i I' they (produce) such an amount of greenhouse gases.