№43 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 43
3. How important is it to choose a right career?
4. What would the next step be?
5. What would you start with if you were to choose a job?
6. How relevant is school experience in choosing a career?
7. If yotu were choosing a job, would you do a career assessment test?
3 a) Read the fragments from the interview. Answer the questions below the text.
Assess your abilities. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What kinds of skills do you have? ...
Now, assess these professions. You can gather information such as job descriptions or work responsibilities, salary, education requirements, necessary experience, work related hazards, etc. Moreover, you can interview others who are already in the professions and visit the library for additional resources as well as searching the internet for relevant information.
Which of the words in bold means
• connected with what is happening or being discussed; correct or suitable for a particular purpose?
• to judge or decide the amount, value, quality or importance of?
• dangers, risks?
• a good characteristic?
• a fixed amount of money agreed upon every year as payment for an employee (part of which usually paid every month)?
• a fault in someone's character, the opposite of 'strength'?
Read the story below. Fill in the words in bold from ex. 3a. Mind the word forms.
My aunt Julia is a teacher. Before choosing her career she was advised to ... the job. Her parents are both architects, so they were really worried that she was not following in their footsteps. They said the ... in teaching was not supposed to be very high, but the ... were too many. The basic educational ... was a bachelor's degree, but my aunt decided to get a master's degree to have better career prospects. Her parents warned her about