№35 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 35
2 a) Match the funny job definitions with the names of the jobs.
A banker is ... A diplomat is ... An economist is ... A mathematician is ... A philosopher is ... A programmer is ... A psychologist is ... A schoolteacher is ... A sociologist is ... A professor is ... A modern artist is ...
- a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
- someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.
- an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today.
- a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat which isn't there.
- one who throws paint on canvas, wipes it off with a cloth and sells the cloth.
- a person who doesn't have a job but at least understands why.
- one who talks in someone else's sleep.
- someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had in a way you don't understand.
a man whom you pay a lot of money to ask you questions that your wife asks free of charge.
- a disillusioned woman who used to think she liked children.
someone who, when a beautiful women enters the room and everybody look at her, looks at everybody.
Work in pairs. Write your own funny job definitions. Share
with the class.
Choose the best definition for the term 'odd jobs'. Check with
A. unusual, strange jobs; B. small jobs of different types, usually unskilled and badly-paid; C. well-paid but boring jobs.
Would you like to know what odd jobs celebrities did before
becoming famous? Work in pairs. Student A: read the facts on