№295 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 295
5. In the days that followed, I spent a lot of time walking around the streets, getting lost and then finding my way again.
6. All of these images made me happy.
7. My warm sentiments about the city of Minsk followed me to MSLU, where I met the most wonderful colleagues and students I could imagine.
8. I am sure I will continue to enjoy my time and teaching experiences.
9. Minsk was filled with an atmosphere of power and grandeur that I was not expecting.
10.The kindness and thoughtfulness I have encountered from the teachers and professors has made my time here wonderful thus far.
11. My first glimpse at the city of Minsk was through the windows of an old city taxicab.
c Say what Danielle likes about Minsk and its people. How does she characterise Belarusian people?
3 a) A foreigner living in Minsk and speaking no Russian has a problem. How can a local person speaking English help them?
b) Listen to the story and answer two questions: What happened to Ariana's flat? Who helped her to fix the problem?
Listen to the story again and complete the short summary of the text.
Last weekend, my American roommate and I were planning to have a tour around Minsk. Andrei, a 22 year-old Belarusian student, called it "a tour of his hometown."
We suddenly discovered that the bathroom was broken. I called Andrei to cancel our meeting but Andrei decided to help us
Imagine somebody who doesn't speak Russian asked you to help (a) to find a way to... in your home town or village; b) to help repair a mobile phone. Discuss with your partner what the questions and answers might be. Act the dialogue out.