№289 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 289
4.They say that as time passes Western nations ... (to be) becoming more and more materialistic. They are mainly concerned with their possessions, unlike Eastern nations where everybody ... (to be) concerned with religion and moral beliefs.
5. Despite boundaries, youth all over the word ... (to be) very ambitious. From their green years all of them strive for success.
6. China has proved to be the most rapidly developed of the majority of all nations. Mere twenty years ... (have) passed but they grew immensely.
7.Chu is an unbelievably efficient student. He does homework from A to Z and wastes no time at all. - I couldn't agree more. Every Chinese who ... (to come) to a foreign country works to the best of his abilities.
8. Ricardo never hides his opinion and is very straightforward. Mary and I... (to become) very offended by it sometimes!
9.Our new classmate is really practical. If either a table or chairs ... (to be) broken, he can fix them very quickly.
10. At first sight Brazilians seem to be people who ... (to be) shallow because of a great number of holidays and carnivals. In reality they are serious people.
11.Either a skirt or a dress ... (to be) best for our school fashion show.
12. - Who invented the robot? - The Japanese, of course. They are so inventive and constructive, that a number of their innovations ... (to be) pretty astonishing.
13. I believe that the French ... (to be) more family-oriented, rather than community-oriented.
14.1 think that some people ... (to be) highly agreeable and submissive due to the family upbringing. Neither shouting, nor severe punishment... (to have) favourable consequences.
15. When travelling to Islamic countries neither my wife nor I ... (to be) intolerant or disrespectful to their religious beliefs and we also try to dress accordingly.
16.Mark ate his underdone steak without complaining. As a result he ended up in hospital with food poisoning and seventy dollars ... (to be) spent on medical treatment.