№282 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 282
- three possessive pronouns (one of them followed by the adjective 'own' for emphasis);
- two indefinite pronouns;
- one example of each of the following pronouns: emphatic/ reflexive, relative/conjunctive, reciprocal, demonstrative, negative, defining.
b) What type of pronoun cannot be found in the text?
c) Some of the pronouns in the text are highlighted. Explain what they stand for.
E.g.... loved its sense of aspiration... its = America's
5, a) Complete the sentence: Americans are... Write as many character traits as possible. Think about how they greet each other, how they behave with friends and in public, what they wear, what they find important.
Compare what you've written with your partner. Explain why you think your characteristics are appropriate.
LESSON 5: AMERICAN CHARACTER
Communicative area: discussing and writing about British or
American national character
Active vocabulary: diverse, multicultural
1 Answer the questions.
• Do you think that people speaking the same language are similar?
• What makes Americans different from the British (Australians, Canadians)?
• Do they greet each other in the same way?
• What do people wear?
• How do they plan their time?