№261 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 261
Work in groups of 6 to 10. Perform the following tasks.
1. Advertise your summer school to your group mates. Your aim is to attract as many visitors as possible into your school. Make your speech positive, confident and creative.
2. Plan your next summer holidays. Listen to your group mates and decide what summer schools you would like to study at. Make sure the dates do not overlap. If you have decided to take a course, take down the information, but do not inform the school representative yet.
Report to your classmates about your next summer plans. Then discuss the questions below.
1. What school turned out to be the most popular? Was the result predictable? Why? 2. What school wasn't popular among your classmates? Why is that so? 3. What were your reasons for choosing a summer school?
LESSON 9: ASK A FOOLISH QUESTION
Communicative area: inferring meaning from context
Discuss the questions below with your partner.
• How often do you ask questions? Where do you ask most questions?
• What's more difficult: to ask or to answer questions? Why?
• Where do you go to get your questions answered?
• What's the most common question you ask? What questions do you not like to answer?
• What are the most stupid questions anyone has ever asked you?
• What is life's biggest question?
You will now read a sci-fi short story "Ask a Foolish Question"
by Robert Sheckley. Read the story and say:
- Who asked foolish questions?