№257 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 257
Denissen expects things to change in social networking, particularly with the openness of some of the communications. He said in the future people will share some messages and photos with family only and others with friends. The new Google+ social network, for example, separates friendships into circles. That sounds a lot like the way things are structured in real life.
Match the definitions below with the words in bold.
1. one-sided opinion, bias; 2. small exclusive groups of friends or associates; 3. the combined use of several media; 4. common reality; 5. kept from being seen; 6. a belief or opinion; 7. chiefly; mainly.
4 a) Read the article and decide whether the statements below are true, false or not mentioned.
1. Making friends online is easier than in real life.
2. Online young people communicate mainly with people they know.
3. Using the Internet a lot causes social isolation.
4. Forming groups and doing things together is what teens do both in real life and in social networks.
5. Signing each other's backpacks as well as forming groups online is one of the ways to show that you belong to one group.
6. Often photos or video in the Internet can help you get to know your friends better.
7. Social networking is a convenient way to keep in touch with foreign friends.
8. Social networking is a fast developing service with regular innovations being introduced.
b) Do you agree with the statements in ex. 4a?
5 a) Discuss the questions below in small groups.
1. Why have the social networks become so popular? 2. Are you registered on any of these or similar services? How many "friends" have you got? Do you have any foreign friends? 3. Do you often communicate? How often do you visit the site? Could