№255 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 255
LESSON 7: LOG IN, SIGN UP OR LEARN MORE
Communicative area: discussing, giving opinion Active vocabulary: social network
1. a) Look at the logos below and discuss the questions in pairs. facebook Linked j|, my, the Google+ facebook - twitter - linkedln - My space - google plus - 700 mln 200 mln 100 mln 80,5 mln 32 mln
• What do the logos present? What do you know about these services?
• Do you know any similar websites? Can you translate the names of these social networks into your language? Are they appropriate names for the services they provide?
• What do the numbers under the logos mean?
• What is the most popular social network?
2 Look through the article below. What is it about?
Making Friends in Social Networking
After Philipp Laage
On Facebook everyone is a friend, at least that's what people call each other, but can an adolescent understand and cope with this?
The experts say yes. Social networks play an important role in forming friendships among young people by making common experiences visible to everyone participating. Outside the internet, no-one sends a request to friend someone. But at social networking sites such as Facebook people work hard at collecting friends.
To think that young people cannot differentiate between the two is a prejudice, said Professor Jaap Denissen of Humboldt University in Berlin. "Fourteen-year-olds can do it much