№246 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 246
• Do you listen to news on the radio? What's in the latest news? What kind of news are you interested in: sports, business, cultural, political, local or international?
Discuss as a class. What kind of news will probably mention the following:
Minsk Arena, national heritage, delegation, BelTA (The Belarusian Telegraph Agency), the Embassy, the Ambassador of Belarus to London, a conductor, humanitarian organizations?
Listen to the news reports and complete the newspaper headlines for these news reports. What kind of news are they?
1. ... arrive in Minsk
2. Raine Spencer praises Belarus' efforts to preserve ...
3. Vitebsk to host Manhattan ...
4. The Belarus Days of ... in Turkey next year.
5. On Cooperation Between Belarusian and British ...
6. ... "The Brest Fortress" in London
7. The 52nd ... Fair
8. Conductor from Hawaii Casts Belarusian Soloists for ...
Look through the questions below. Then listen and take notes on the answers.
1. How many reports feature the news on theatre / exhibitions / fairs/films / concerts / museums?
2. What countries are mentioned to have cross-cultural relationship with Belarus?
3. What are the following: Harrods, "Children and Families across Borders", Belkhudozhpromysly, "The Brest Fortress", Scorpions, Westside Story?
Which news items are the following statements taken from?
a. The company demonstrated a collection of linen clothing that combines elements of the contemporary fashion and traditional decoration.
b. They hope to go to Moscow next year and would like to meet with the Belarusian audience again.