№225 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 225
tell me something about it? And how long does the tour last? Sure, what do you want to know? When is the man's departure date? How much money is in your budget for this trip? What tour would you recommend? Great! You've been very helpful. OK, let me just take down your details. That's my job! Take care!
5 a) You are going to role-play a conversation at the travel agency. Get your cards from the teacher. You have 3 minutes to prepare for the conversation.
b) Role-play the conversation in pairs.
LESSON 8: ALCHEMIST
Communicative area: inferring meaning from context
@ Listen to the excerpt from The Alchemist. Follow along in the book. Be ready to answer the questions.
1. Where does the action take place? How do you know?
2. What is the weather like in this country? Why do people always sleep during the day in summer?
3. Explain the meaning of the words: We have to be prepared for change, he thought, and he was grateful for the jacket's weight and warmth.
4. Where is the boy going? Why is he so excited?
5. What was the boy's purpose in life? What did his parents want him to be?
6. How did the boy's father try to keep him from travelling?
7. What was his father's secret desire?
8. What was the most important thing for the boy?
After Paulo Coelho
And now it was only four days before he would be back in that same village. He was excited, and at the same time uneasy: