№216 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 216
• What does a job of a tour guide involve?
• What are the main responsibilities of a tour guide?
• What is the most difficult part of the job?
b) Look at the pictures again. Where do you think these tour guides work? What kind of tours do they offer? What are the other places tour guides can work at?
3. a)@ Listen to the introduction to the interview with one of the tour guides in the pictures. Check your ideas for ex.1 and answer the following questions. Which tour guide is being interviewed? Were you right about his/her job?
What do the words below have to do with the tour guide's job?
Off-road, scouting the rout, degree in business, wilderness medicine, one-way flight, handlebars straightened, anecdotes.
c) @ Listen to the interview again and take notes to summarize Andrew's answers to the following questions.
1. Where do you work? 2. What does your job involve? 3. Why did you choose this job? 4. Did you have the appropriate education? 5. Why did you have to travel so far? 6. What is the best and the worst part in your job?
4 a) Put the statements from the interview together. 1. I hadn't much hope of this plan working, without another person getting in your way. 2. Instead of his son finishing school with a degree in business like my father had originally planned, he had to watch me doing a hundred off-road driver training days with Land Rover. 3. Nowhere else can you travel the distances you can in Australia of her son finding a way to make a living as a writer. 4. Besides that, I've heard of the whole country being crazy for adventure driving.