№197 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 197
He couldn't speak. He was made and sold in 1996. Those were the days before extreme specialization, so he was sold as a nursemaid -" "As a what?" "As a nursemaid -"
Read the story again. Are these sentences true or false?
A. Doctor Calvin was born long before the U. S. Robot and Mechanical Men, Inc was founded.
B. When Susan was twenty she went to the seminar where the first mobile vocal robot was shown.
C. The first robot was very small and good-looking.
D. Susan was so impressed that she couldn't stop talking about the seminar.
E. She was enthusiastic about constructing a human-like robot, so she studied a lot and tried to create positronic brain for the robot.
F. She was the first person to become a psychologist for robots.
G. Many people called her a robot because she worked like a robot without breaks and holidays.
H. When she started her career they didn't have a lot of money or good working conditions.
I. Susan Calvin believes that robots are only clever machines. J. A lot of different organizations protested against the production of human-like robots.
3 Discuss with your partner.
• Would you like to create robots like Doctor Calvin? Why? Why not?
• Do you agree that robots are only "Electricity, metal and positrons" or they can help people to become better?
• Is creating a human-like robot dangerous? Why?
• What are the pros and cons of owning a human-like robot?
• What jobs can we give robot to do?
• Would you like to have your own robot? Why? Why not?