№179 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 179
Match the parts of the definitions.
1. A moat is a deep, wide canal around a castle, fort, or town
2. A dungeon is a dark, often underground room
3. A knight is a gentleman- soldier
4. The great hall is a huge room
5. A drawbridge is a bridge
6. A watch tower is a very high part of a castle
7. A fortress is a building
8. A minstrel is a medieval musician and poet
a) where the most important meetings and dinners took place.
b) who travelled from place to place to sing and entertain people.
c) that was used for observing and signalling any danger.
d) which was constructed to protect a castle from enemies.
e) which was filled with water and was constructed to defense against attacks.
f) where the prisoners were often kept.
g) who belonged to a brotherhood or an order and whose job was to fight for his king and his country and take part in tournaments.
h) which could be raised in case of danger to block the entrance gates of the castle.
Now match the words with the pictures in ex. 2b.