№178 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 178
LESSON 5: A MAN'S HOME IS HIS CASTLE
Communicative area: describing a castle/an old building
Active vocabulary: the Middle Ages, medieval, king, knight, minstrel,
moat, drawbridge, dungeon, fortress, watch tower
Receptive grammar: relative pronouns who, which, that, whose,
There's a saying in English "An Englishman's home is his castle". But what if your home IS a castle? Imagine you live in a castle. Work in pairs. Answer the questions below.
1. What is a castle? When were most castles built?
2. Have you heard of any famous medieval castles? Are there any in Belarus? What do you know about them?
3. What's life like in a medieval castle?
4. Do you know of any famous people who live in a castle?
5. What would you do in these parts of your castle: a watch tower, a moat, a drawbridge dungeons, the great hall, a fortress.
@ Listen to Aneka speaking to her friend Sophie from Belarus. Answer the questions below.
1. How do Sophie and Aneka communicate? 2. Why did Aneka stay in a castle for one day? What castle did she stay in? 3. What did she plan to do there? 4. Which parts of her plan did she manage to do?
) @ Look at the pictures and say what you can see in them. Listen to Aneka again. Which picture wasn't mentioned?