№171 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 171
More and more people practise active ways of spending the weekend. Sports and physical recreation have become widely spread around the country. People of different ages take up cycling and swimming in summer and ice-skating in winter.
Read the article again. Are the sentences below true or false?
1. Saturday is usually a busy day in Belarus because a lot of people work on that day.
2. In the past people went to church every Sunday.
3. The most popular activity in Belarus is socializing.
4. Some people in Belarus think that nobody is interested in radio any more.
5. Children usually ask their parents to take them to McDonald's.
6. All Belarusian people go to their dachas in order to enjoy gardening.
7. A lot of young people go cycling and ice-skating.
2 a) Look at the words in column A. Match them with their synonyms in column B. Use the survey results to help you. A B 1) department store a) care for, like 2) indoor b) habit, craze 3) outdoor c) shop 4) average d) Do It Yourself 5) cherish e) important 6) significant f) stay-at-home 7) mature g) family, relatives 8) addiction h) grass 9) household i) outside 10) DIY j) grown-up, adult 11) lawn k) start 12) take up 1) typical, usual