№167 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 167
1. "The customs change like leaves on the tree, some of them go and others come."
2. "No man ever looks at the world with clear eyes. He sees it edited by a set of customs."
3. "Custom is the great guide to human life."
4. "Nothing dies easier than tradition."
5. "Tradition is a guide and not a jailer."
6. "Custom is a second nature, and no less powerful."
c) Which of the sayings do you agree with? Why? Tell your partner.
2 a) Look at the pictures below. What can you see?
b) @ Listen to a radio programme. Three teenagers have been to different countries and tell us about the unusual customs they've seen. Match the countries with the pictures.
Japan Norway Ukraine
Thailand Brazil Russia
c) @ Listen to the radio programme again. Complete the sentences below.
1. It's ... to give your Japanese friend a red Christmas card as a present.