№166 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 166
3. How many areas is your city/town/village made up of?
4. Has your city/ town/ village ever been conquered? When was it?
5. What disasters have you heard about? Did they wipe out any big cities? What happened?
Work in pairs, answer the questions in ex. 5a.
6 Work in pairs. Make a short list of key facts about the place where you live for a web page.
LESSON 2: CUSTOMS ROCK
Communicative area: telling about traditions of Belarus and other countries
Active vocabulary: traditions, customs, rites, believes Active grammar: impersonal subject It + adjective
1 ) British people sometimes say "Customs are rock". What does it mean?
Tradition = usual practice of something Synonyms: custom, belief, ritual, rite
• Traditions and customs are as cool as rock music.
• Traditions are boring because they never change, they are like stone = "rock".
• Traditions are like stones, they are unchangeable for a long time, and as a result they make a good base for a country and its people.
Read the sayings of famous people below. Put them into one of the groups. A) Traditions influence our lives greatly. ... B) Traditions make our lives more difficult. ... C) Traditions don't usually live long.