№165 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 165
3 Read the sentences from the web page and answer the grammar questions.
Belarus is made up of six regions.
The white clothing was worn by the local Slavic population. In some parts of the country Polish and Ukrainian languages have been widely spread.
1. Which sentences refer to the past and which to the present? 2. Which voice is used in these sentences: active or passive? Find examples of Passive in the question in ex.1. 3. Which verb is used with a past participle to form the passive? 4. Which tense is used to show that something happened to the subject and the result of it is clear now: Past Simple Passive, Present Simple Passive or Present Perfect Passive?
Look at the sentences below. Which of them are TRUE about the place you live in?
A. This year our city/town/village has been visited by many tourists.
B. Some streets in our city/town/village have been renamed.
C. The house I live in has recently been renovated.
D. A new cinema/shop/museum/monument has been built in our region.
E. A lot of traditional festivals have been celebrated in our city/town /village.
5 a) Read the questions. What do the words in bold mean? Match with their synonyms given below.
• to destroy completely
• the beginning of something
• to form
• a large part of a territory
• to overcome and control
• the most important/main
1. What region of Belarus do you live in? What is its major city? Have you ever been to other regions of your country? What are they?
2. What is your city/town /village called? Do you know the origin of its name? If you don't, think of one possible origin of its name.