№142 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 142
• The statue was a gift to the US from the people of France, so it comes from Europe!
• A German immigrant invented the hot dog. Pork sausages were popular in Frankfurt, Germany since the 13th century!
• Baseball is just a version of folk games in England!
• Halloween is an originally Celtic festival coming from the British Isles!
• Thanksgiving is originally a harvest festival that Europeans brought to the Americas!
• The pizza comes from Italy! Only the style of cooking it large and wide originated in New York City!
2. a) Match the famous people to the places of their origin.
DID YOU USE TO THINK THAT THEY WERE AMERICANS TOO?
Model, actress, musician, and fashion designer Milla Jovovich
Singer, songwriter, musician and dancer Shakira
Bodybuilder, actor, businessman, investor, and politician Arnold Schwarzenegger