№106 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 106
The 29th of April, 2011 was another proud day for the British Monarchy, when Prince William and Kate Middle- ton got married at Westminster Abbey.
2 a) The Couple's Press Secretary speaks about the Royal Family. Read the hints and guess what questions might have been asked by the journalists.
1. ... divorce and his mother's death, ... media was quite difficult, ... accept they do need the media.
2. ... was known - the dress, the stag and hen nights. We knew ... to know.
3. Burton - ... - said the princess was ... . The dress was made for her and has a lot of her per-sonality in it.
4. The Queen ... Reception at Buckingham Palace for ... 650 ... .
5. William is better grounded than .... He says in the documentary that... wealth.
6. He likes to ... with Buckingham Palace, ... old-fashioned and don't work nowadays or are just wrong. People ... what it's like to be in this family, for instance.
b Listen to the interview with the Press Secretary of the couple and check.
c) Listen to the recording again and fill in the missing information.
Act out the dialogues. Student A is a journalist and student B is Prince William. Use the table below. Student A Student B 1. What are your relations with 1. ... blame on ... the mass media? 2. ... wedding ...? 2. The wedding was a private thing as well as a national event. 3. How did you choose the desig 3. ... and the dress was really ner for the dress? made for her and ... .