№105 по английскому языку за 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
авторы: Н.В. Юхнель, Е.Г. Наумова, Н.В. Демченко
Учебник по английскому языку 11 класс Н.В. Юхнель. Страница 105
Which of the words in bold in the leaflet mean the following:
1) an object or feature of a landscape that is easily seen and recognized from a distance;
2) a comedic art form in which a comedian performs in front of a live audience, speaking directly to them;
3) the amount of extremely poor people;
4) the place where something happens, especially an organized event such as a concert, conference, or sports competition;
5) the quantity of people or things in a given area or space;
6) very strange or unusual, esp. so as to cause interest or amusement;
7) worth paying attention to; interesting or significant.
@ Listen to 4 people speaking of some districts in London. Match the speakers to the areas they describe. One area is not mentioned.
Use the cards the teacher has given you to play the "Find your perfect match..." game.
LESSON 4: DOES THE MONARCHY STILL MATTER?
Communicative area: talking about British traditions, discussing the influence of mass media on a person's life
Active vocabulary: monarchy, hint, stag night, hen night, reception, to be grounded
Look at the pictures. What do they say about the British Monarchy?