№86 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 86
Colour: dark, bright,.... Size: small, medium, large, extra large. Shape: tight, loose, baggy. Length: short, knee length, long, mini. Material: leather, denim, lace,.... Details: with a hood, buttons, short sleeves, a zip,....
3c Complete the proverbs and sayings with 'another', 'other', 'the other', 'others'.
1. "The eyes believe themselves; the ears believe... people."
2. "One hand washes...."
3. "One man's meat is... man's poison (a^)."
4. "The grass is always greener on... side of the fence (3a6op)."
5. "One good turn deserves...."
6. "In helping..., we help ourselves."
7. "It's one thing to flourish (pa3MaxHBaTb and... to fight."
3b. Listen and check.
Match the proverbs with their explanations. Do you know their Russian equivalents?
A. Something one person likes can be something that another person does not like at all.
B. When you see something, you know what's happening, but you believe what other people say.
C. Saying is one thing, doing is another.
D. If someone does something to help you, you should do something to help them.
E. The things other people have always look better than your own.
F. People get an advantage when they work together.
G. Whatever good we give out, it comes back to us.
4. Fill in the correct word: 'another', 'other', 'the other', 'others'.
1. I don't like these linen trousers. Could you show me some... trousers?
2. My mum has got two fur coats, but she wants to buy... one.
3. I've found one of my black shoes, but I can't find....