№65 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 65
last for quite a long time, but slowly the body gets used to doing without.
These withdrawal symptoms can feel like a really bad flu that they want to go back to whatever they were taking to feel OK again. It is hard to give up. It is much easier not to start.
2 Psychological addiction is when someone wants something which will change their mood or feelings. They may not get physical withdrawal symptoms, but they may feel lonely, depressed or anxious if they can't get the thing that they want.
3 What can be addictive?
People can become addicted to a wide range of things:
• drugs - legal and illegal,
• sniffing glue or petrol (6eH3HH).
But people can also become addicted to behaviours, which later control their lives.
Among others, teenagers often become gamers and spend too much time at their computers, video games, mobiles and SMS, and chatting on the Internet. All these problems look less dangerous than drug addiction but they are also very harmful.
Keep yourself safe by:
• asking smokers not to smoke near you as passive smoking is also dangerous,
• avoiding being around someone who is addicted to alcohol or drugs,
• telling someone if you feel unsafe,
• never trying whatever drug somebody is using,
• not making the mistake of thinking what that person is doing must be cool because they are older than you.
Work in pairs. Read the e-maiis again and decide what information you would use to talk to someone who you think might be addicted to something.
Write a shorter e-mail to Jane giving her a piece of advice.