№62 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 62
goodbye to your very last cigarette. One year after people stop smoking, the heart diseases are decreased by 20%. So, just say "I am never ever going to smoke away my life and health" and be happy!
2c. Look through the text again and make a list of problems people will have if they smoke. Compare your list with your partner's and discuss which of them you find most dangerous. Why?
3 Read the text and answer: How can you prolong your life? How much can you prolong your life?
American scientists have been examining 20,000 men and women for 10 years. Their findings are as follows:
1. 77 per cent of smokers die sooner than their peers. So, the more people smoke, the sooner they die.
2. 66 per cent of people who drink alcohol die young. So, the sooner you start drinking, the sooner you'll die.
3. People who eat fruit and vegetables at least 5 days a week prolong their life by 44 per cent. So, the more fruit and vegetables you eat, the longer you will live.
4. People who are physically fit prolong their life by 24 per cent. So, the more you exercise, the better for you.
5. All in all, the scientists calculated that those who exercise, eat fruit and vegetables and don't smoke or drink alcohol live 14 years longer than those who don't follow these rules. So, the sooner you understand them, the better and healthier your life will be.
Read the text again and guess the meaning of the... the... sentences.
Read the Grammar focus and check your guesses.
the comparative (verb) + the comparative (verb)
The comparative (verb) + the comparative (verb) structure means that things change together or that one thing depends on another thing.