№40 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 40
4. Did her English History class change her life forever?
5. How did Jill's life change at college?
6. What was Jill's goal for the class? Was it different from other students'?
7. Did everybody want to be friends with Jill?
8. Did Jill marry her classmate?
9. What did she learn from the situation? 10. What did you learn from the story?
A Pretend you are Jill and retell the story to your partner. 5. Take part in the competition and write a friendship story.
Lesson 8. Do you prefer to spend your time alone or with friends?
1a. Some people like spending most of their time alone. Others like to be with friends most of the time. Do you like to spend your time alone or with friends?
like + Ving - to like smth in general like + to V - to think it's a good idea
1b. Work in two groups. Discuss which activities are better to do alone and which are better to do with friends. Why? Compare your ideas with the other group. Were your ideas identical?
2. Imagine you've been asked to write an essay for a school magazine. The topic of the essay is "Do you prefer spending your time alone or with friends?" What would you start with?
3< Read the sample essay and put the paragraphs in the correct order.
(l) Secondly, hanging out with friends is just great. It's a perfect way to relax. Therefore, you feel great, which does a lot of good to your health. Besides, everyone wants to forget about work and studies for a while.