№23 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 23
2. John's grandparents died in a car crash when he was in his early teens.
3. For John it was awfully difficult to live with his grandparents and look after them.
4. In his mid-teens John got into trouble with police, started taking drugs and missing school.
5. John was the first teenager who was fostered by the Smiths.
6. The Smiths helped John to understand that
going to school, getting an education and leading a healthy lifestyle was important.
2c. Work in pairs. Describe John before and after he was fostered.
3a. Imagine you are John. You are invited to the radio programme "Family Life". Answer the questions.
1. How important are your foster parents to you? 2. What can lead to family problems? 3. Do you sometimes quarrel with your foster parents and other children?
3b. Here is how John answered these questions. Look through the answers and match them with the questions. Then listen and check.
a) Well... I'm sure that when you argue a lot it doesn't help to deal with misunderstandings and sort out day-to-day problems. The relationships are bad if you criticise each other all the time without trying to understand each other. It's very important to talk and communicate, for it will help to avoid conflicts and keep peace and friendship in our family.
b) When dealing with my family I try to compromise. We are real friends, they help me, and I'm really glad they helped me to make up with my grandparents and now we get on well. No, we never quarrel now.
c) They've really done a lot for me. They help me to understand how to live my life, what's good and what's bad, how important it's to go to school. They are quite easy to deal with, we spend a lot of time together, communicate in a relaxed way