№198 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 198
2. The biggest changes for 2008 in how people are using their leisure time are in
• TV watching (up 6 points),
• exercise (up 3 points) and
• spending time with family and kids (up 3 points).
Since 1995 the largest changes in how people are spending their leisure time are
• exercising (up 6 points),
• computer activities (up 5 points),
• spending time with family and kids (up 5 points) and
• swimming (down 5 points).
3. Three in ten (30%) Americans say their favorite activity is reading (up from 29% in 2007) while one-quarter (24%) say it is TV watching and 17% say it is spending time with family and kids (up from 14% in 2007). Besides these three, the top five leisure time activities include exercise (8%), computer activities and fishing (each at 7%).
4. The average amount of time spent working, including housework and studying, is now at 46 hours per week, up slightly from 45 hours in 2007. In 1973, when this question was first asked, the average was 41 hours a week.
5. The paradoxical situation is that the research shows Americans have increased their work week (by) one hour, at the same time, they have lost four hours of leisure time. What is the three-hour gap spent on? This "grey area" can be explained because the extra time is time spent on computer or mobile phones. The conclusion is that the respondents didn't consider (He CHHTajin) this as time spent working, they also didn't count it as leisure time.
Also, as leisure time falls, Americans appear to be doing more solo activities. Four of this year's top five choices are typically done alone: reading, watching TV, exercising, and computer activities.
Complete the summary of the research choosing the right option.
1. The average amount of weekly free time Americans have for leisure activities
a) has fallen. b) has risen.