№172 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 172
4 Can you do anything to stop or to slow down global warming? Brainstorm ideas on the topic.
4b Compare your list with the one below.
What can I do?
You throw out greenhouse gasses into the amosphere as a result of using energy to drive, using electricity to light, heat or cool your home, to entertain you, to grow crops and raise cattle to give you food and to cook this food later, to give you clean water. This list is only an example and could be much longer.
How can you use less energy?
• Insulate your windows and home, use energy saving lights, heating and cooling equipment, save water, especially hot water.
• Be smart (clever) when watering your garden - water it during the coolest part of the day, early morning is the best.
• Take a shower instead of a bath.
• Turn the water off while shaving or brushing teeth.
• Do not use your toilet as a waste basket - water is wasted with each flush. A leaky toilet can waste 900 litres of water per day.
• Repair all toilet and tap leaks right away.
• Reuse and recycle glass, plastic, metal and paper. Remember: you will help the environment, as well as save your money on energy bills.
5. Organise a conference on global warming.
A. Prepare participants on the following topics.
Evidence of climate change and global warming.
A disastrous year - 2010.
The causes of global warming.
The impacts of global warming.
How global warming can be slowed down.
B. All participants prepare questions about the topics of the conference.