№164 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 164
2c Exchange the information with the other students from your group.
1. What do you know about these natural disasters?
2. What must or might have happened?
3. What do you think and feel about the impact of these natural disasters?
3. Discuss with your class the following questions.
• Which was the most disastrous catastrophe?
• Which caused the greatest damage?
• Which caused the greatest life loss?
4 Role play "Setting up a charity organisation".
, Read the following brief information and answer.
1. What was the weather like? 2. What did the volunteers do to help?
Winter in Britain 2010-2011
The winter of 2010-2011 brought heavy snowfalls, record low temperatures, travel chaos and school disruption to Great Britain and Ireland. A maximum snow depth of 60 cm was recorded on 1 December in the Peak District and Sheffield. Scotland and Northern England were most affected.
Several local temperature records were broken including a new record low for Northern Ireland of -18,7 °C recorded on the 23rd December 2010.
As snow blizzards swept across much of the UK, Red Cross response teams, including volunteers and staff, worked round the clock to help those caught up in the bad weather. They delivered meals on wheels to elderly residents, transported patients to and from hospitals. They dealt with all kinds of snow-related incidents, including: broken legs, nasty injuries from falls and road traffic accidents.