№161 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 161
• clean debris,
• develop a warning system / give a warning / spread a warning,
• get aid (from),
• cope with,
• rescue people,
• evacuate people.
sink (v, i) - to disappear below the surface of the water
sink (v, t) - to make something, especially a boat, disappear below the surface of the water
1c Match the words and their meanings.
1. disrupt (v,t) a. the broken pieces that are left when
something large has been destroyed
2. repair (v,t) b. to disappear below the surface of
3. debris (n,u) c. to save someone from a dangerous
or unpleasant situation
4. rescue (v,t) d. (often passive) to hurt someone
and cause damage to their body
5. injure (v,t) e. to interrupt or destroy the structure of something
6. sink (v,i) f. to fix something that is broken or
1d Copy the table and write the list of the possible effects in four groups. Which group is the largest?
Responses to the disaster
Cause great human losses - kill or injure people,...
Sink boats and ships,...
Repair or strengthen houses,...