№157 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 157
1. On hot days our bodies may not be able to keep cool enough, and our body temperature may rise. This can lead to headaches, dizziness and even death.
2. This is the loss of water from our bodies. It can cause tiredness and problems with breathing and heart rates.
3. Damage to the skin which can be painful and may increase the risks of getting skin cancer.
4. Some people drowned when trying to cool off in rivers and lakes.
drown (v, i) - to sink under water and die
3. The heatwave had a number of social effects on
Shortages of drinking water occurred in several countries, including some parts of the UK.
1. Many parts of the UK had higher levels of tourism as people decided to holiday in the UK while the weather was unusually dry and hot.
Temperature anomaly (C)
2. Many chickens, pigs and cows died during the heat in Europe and crops died in the dry conditions. This led to higher food prices.
3. Some railway tracks bent in the heat. The London Underground became unbearable. Some road surfaces melted. Low river levels prevented some boats from sailing. The London Eye closed on one day as it became too hot in the cabins.
4. Responses to the heatwave
• France asked for aid from the European Union1 to deal with the effects.