№151 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 151
Read the instructions and do the pressure experiment. What do they help you to understand about storms?
SUCK AN EGG INTO A BOTTLE (2)
Here is an experiment that shows how pressure works in our atmosphere. This is a very cool experiment!
• a glass bottle with a wide neck (a tomato sauce bottle
• a boiled egg
• matches Process:
1. Put the empty bottle on a table.
2. Peel the soft-boiled egg.
3. Light a match and drop it into the bottle. Repeat about three or four times. Be careful.
Look at the picture and explain how you can get the egg out of the bottle.
Use the schemes and write a brief definition of different storms.
4. Quickly put the egg over the mouth of the bottle.
5. Watch how it is sucked into the bottle.
What happens? The lit match heats the air inside the bottle. When air is heated it expands and takes up more room. The pressure increases. As the heated air expands, some of it escapes out of the bottle. When the matches go out, the air inside the bottle cools and contracts, which takes up less room. This creates a lower pressure inside the bottle than outside the bottle. The greater pressure outside the bottle makes the egg get sucked into the bottle.