№147 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 147
Read the following tips which will help you to become an efficient reader.
[Read the pre-reading task
Before reading the text pay attention to the pre-reading task. While reading use all the strategies to understand the information in general and be able to do the tasks. Don't stop. Remember that you can understand a lot more than you think can. Later you can read several times and slower to understand the details that you missed while reading the text for the first time.
Look at the words attentively
• some words are made up by two words, e.g. windstorm –
• some words are similar to others as they have the same root, e.g. evaporate - evaporation - vapour
• some words can act as both a noun and a verb: Hurricanes gain their power from the water vapour. The water vapour powers hurricanes.
Read the following facts about different storms and guess the words in italics. Say if the following statements are true. Explain how a trophical cyclone is formed.
1. A hurricane and a typhoon are two words for a tropical cyclone.
2. A typhoon cannot develop over a warm sea.
3. Tropical cyclones can lead to floods.
4. Thunderstorms need low pressure and warm air to form.
5. Lightning is the movement of protons from one place to another.
Storms are big, loud and often accompanied by rain, snow, sleet or hail. Why do these wild, dangerous tornadoes, cyclones, windstorms, snowstorms and thunderstorms occur?