№146 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 146
4. It is born over a warm ocean.
5. They occur (happen) on low spots.
4b. Prepare 5 similar statements and play a flash quiz again.
5. What are they? Guess. Complete the sentences with the words
from ex. 2a.
1. ... kills a lot of people because it is electricity.
2. It is very dangerous to live near...s, because if they are active, they can throw out high-temperature mixtures from 700 to 1300 degrees Centigrade.
3. During a... snow gets deeper and deeper, which makes it impossible to walk and to drive.
4. ...s usually last only a few minutes, but their spinning winds, up to 500 kmph1 can ruin houses, lift cars in the air, etc.
5. A... can wash away everything in its way - people, animals, houses, cars. This ocean wave is very strong.
6. ...s kill plants and crops, because there is no rain for a long time while there is hot weather.
7. ...s are 1,000-5,000 times as large as tornados. They are usually given people's names.
8. ...s happen after a continuous rain, covering streets with water. They are usually a lot worse if a nearby river bursts its banks.
9. An... is not only snow or ice, sliding a mountain; it is also rock. There are about 1,000,000 snow...s every year.
10....s are often difficult to control, as they can spread very fast, especially in hot dry weather, and burn a lot of forests or bush.
Write 8 one-sentence riddles about natural disasters.
Lesson Understanding stormy weather
Play a flash quiz about natural disasters. Use the riddles you wrote