№145 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 145
16. widlfire a fire that starts in an area of coun- tryside and spreads very quickly
2fc Read the definitions in turn and let your classmate guess what natural disaster it is.
2c Complete the definition of a natural disaster.
A natural disaster is any natural catastrophe, including any storm,..., which is the result of extreme weather phenomenon and often leads to great damage and loss of life.
lose (v) - TepaTb loss (n) - ?
damage (n, u) - a word used about broken buildings, houses, spoiled roads, etc.; (v, t) - break or spoil something
3 Work in pairs. Discuss the following questions.
• Which extreme weather phenomena are the most dangerous? Why?
• Where do they happen most often?
• Which of extreme weather phenomena happen in your area?
Play the following flash quiz about natural disasters in pairs. Each of you has one minute to answer 5 questions in turn.
1. This flash of light is a big killer.
2. They happen after a heavy rain.
3. They take place in winter.
4. They happen as a result of an earthquake.
5. It is spinning and blowing air.
1. It is a mountain with a hole at the top.
2. It is snow and ice falling down a mountain.
3. It is a very loud noise some time after a flash of light in the sky.