№14 по английскому языку за 9 класс Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
авторы: Л.М. Лапицкая, Н.В. Демченко, А.В. Волков
Английский 9 класс Лапицкая страница 14
2; A hundred years ago a typical family was very big and consisted of two or even three generations living under one roof. Very often a family had more than ten children. People had a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles. Do you know much about those times? What do you know about the families of your grandparents and great grandparents?
2b. Families are changing. Today the family is different. What do you think the family of the future will be like?
3a. Here are some ideas of what future families will look like. Which of them do you agree with? Compare your list with your partner's.
1. Young people will get lazier and lazier and finally will stop helping their parents because they will use more and more gadgets at home.
2. Not many children will have siblings and there will be more families with an only child.
3. Because of the computer many teenagers will live in isolation from other people and that's why they will get more selfish.
4. There will be more single-parent families.
5. Teenagers will communicate with their parents only through the Internet.
6. Houses will get more and more expensive and that's why several generations will live together in one house.
7. Most children will live with their great-grandparents because people will live longer.
8. Families will spend more time together.
3b Work in groups. Add your own ideas. Compare your ideas with the rest of the class.
4a The Browns live in 2112. They have decided to spend their holidays together. Here's a short description of the family. Look through the description and make a prediction how they will spend their holidays.
The Brown family
Tom - interested in sports, fit, brave, risk-taking, friendly, an excellent student.
Mr Brown - a bit old-fashioned, serious, athletic, handsome, never feels tired, likes good food.